R&D Project Management & Commercialisation Training
MLA Training offers practical training courses tailored to suit the unique requirements of R&D. These courses can also be run in-house and customised to suit the learning requirements and goals of the host organisation.
Suitable for managers, research leaders and team members, these interactive courses explore practical ways to plan and manage R&D projects that link well with desired commercial outcomes.
R&D is sometimes seen as an art and its practitioners are generally not taught how to manage R&D projects. Effective management of R&D projects - keeping to budgets, timeframes and outcomes - is a skill that will be learned on this course. We also deal with the reality of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
We speak the language of scientists, technologists and managers, and can easily translate between their different languages.
Our team has more than 20 years’ experience in the planning and management of R&D projects and portfolios, and have directly or indirectly managed over 100 man years of R&D. Projects have spanned most of the science and engineering disciplines across a range of industries, and have included extensive experience in the biological industries. You can access all that experience and make it work for you, allowing your company to do what it does best to achieve a successful outcome.
All our training can be run in-house and tailored to suit your needs.
R&D Project Planning and Management
This interactive small-group training course has been purpose-designed to help participants more effectively plan and deliver commercially-focused R & D.
What you will learn:
- How to deliver R&D projects on time, within budget and to client expectations
- Why R&D projects differ from ordinary projects
- How to avoid common pitfalls
- How to manage multiple R&D projects simultaneously
- Sound R&D project management processes and practices
- Plan and manage R&D portfolios including multidisciplinary teams
- Prepare more commercially-focused project plans
- An opportunity will be provided for participants to practically apply their learnings to projects they are planning or currently involved in.
Who is this for?
- New and experienced researchers
- R&D Project Leaders
- Line Managers of R&D Teams
- Senior Managers
- R&D support staff
About the presenter
Mark Loeffen offers a unique and potentially game-changing perspective on how to effectively plan and manage commercially-focused R&D projects. Mark has gained significant practical skills and insight managing R&D and commercialisation projects for over 20 years across a range of industries and organisations, including MIRINZ, AgResearch, NIWA and Zespri.
What is provided?
- Interactive two-day small-group training workshop of sharing and learning
- Comprehensive Manuals
- Certificate of Attendance
- Refreshments - Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
Duration: Two days: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Dates: To be determined
Location: To be determined
Price: $1500 per person